Training Mission Statement
It is the mission of the Modesto Fire Department Division to provide the highest quality training, instruction and evaluation to our members. This is intended to prepare our department to serve our community in the most efficient and effective means possible, and to ensure personal safety as we deliver this service.
This shall be accomplished by:
- Encouraging individual and company training two hours per shift rain or shine.
- Keeping abreast of all training requirements through the "Master Training Document".
- Maintaining for reference, the Modesto Fire "Training Manual".
- Maintaining complete comprehensive training records.
- Delivering the most meaningful and realistic training possible while ensuring personal safety.
The Training Division is responsible for the on-going training of all in-service companies. With the numerous requirements placed upon the fire service today by the many regulatory agencies, (NFPA, ISO, OSHA, ANSI, CCR and Regional EMS), the Training Division coordinates the training needed to comply with established regulations. The Training Division currently has full-time Training Battalion Chief and Training Captain position that are assigned at the Regional Fire Training Center. The Training Division also works with Training Officers from the other county Fire Agencies to provide a cohesive training plan.